Saturday, September 7, 2019

Day Trip in Lyon

I know that it has been a long time since I last posted (and since I left France), but I thought that I would finish posting some of the pictures before I start school in Germany. I hope that you will enjoy seeing these pictures from Lyon....



At the beginning of our visit, we went to an indoor market. It was so fun to see all of the yummy and interesting things! I thought these animal-shaped candies were so beautiful.


I'm sorry for the awful picture quality, but I wanted to include it because this is the most iconic Lyonnaise pastry: the Tarte aux Pralines! I got to try this for breakfast and it was yummy. It's a bit like thin shortbread with a layer of red jam/frosting (the pralines).



Basilique Notre Dame de Fourvière, a beautiful church atop a hill that looks over Lyon.


The detail on every part of the churches in Europe is just amazing. Even the door is a work of art! 


The interior of the basilica was very lovely. I'd never seen a church with this interior style so it was really nice to see something different.


This is a view of the church from the city. I always think that the golden statues of Mary are so striking.



The city courthouse


Oriane and I standing outside of the beautiful theater


This plaza with the fountain was gorgeous. If I remember correctly, each of the men depicted were important craftsmen who lived in Lyon.


Near the end of the day, we took a lovely boat ride along the river


No comments:

Post a Comment