Sunday, October 13, 2019

A Little Update

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to post on here. The first two weeks were very difficult, and so I found it very hard to blog since I wasn't feeling super great. And this last week we had a media fast, so I wasn't on the internet very much.

This third week, I've felt much more at home at Bodenseehof. I've started to make some good friends, which has really made me more excited about being here! We've also been doing a lot of fun activities, both with the school and on our own. Here are some pictures...


A picture of the dorm building


The lovely lawn, they have a lot of apple trees!


Zeppelins fly by all the time, so cool!


Canoeing on the lake


We went on a hike in the Swiss Alps the second weekend. The view was incredible!


Beautiful mountains


Meersburg, with a glorious view of the lake



Ice cream in Meersburg


Friedrichshafen, the closest "big" city


This is the view from the tower in Friedrichshafen, isn't it pretty?


Of course, one of my posts can't be complete
without a pastry picture. 😄 This is a chocolate and raspberry cake, yum!


We had international night, and this was one of the German staff women in her dirndl.


My friend from Gambia in her traditional outfit


Konstanz, a town across the lake that we visited


Some of my friends! The first girl is from California,
 then it's my Korean friend, and then my friend from Germany.
 It's so neat meeting people from all around the world!

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement! Although it hasn't been easy being here, I hope that the Lord will use this time to grow me and make me more like Him. I hope to post a bit more frequently than I have been, but we will have to see :).


No comments:

Post a Comment