Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Arriving in La Motte-Servolex and A Visit to Miolans Castle

I've currently been living in La Motte-Servolex for these past two and a half weeks with my second host family. It's a small town but closer to the bigger city of Chambery. We've been doing lots of fun things. I think that I am really starting to get used to the culture and feel more at home!


Meeting Oriane for the first time! She is a super sweet girl, and we get along well. We have the love of pastries in common :) 


Oriane's house

The first weekend we visited a beautiful chateau/castle! It was really rainy, but we got to learn about how they cooked back then and what they ate, how they bathed, and a little bit about alchemy.


Entering the Chateau. It is quite old, I think dating back from the Middle Ages!


I think the dark clouds give a really neat, ominous feel to this photo!


In the alchemist's room. All of the people in the chateau were dressed in historical garb which was really fun!


The beautiful view from the chateau. La Motte is in Savoie, which is a region near the Alps, so there are a lot of mountains nearby


The gardens of the Chateau. There were lots of interesting plants. We were allowed to rub the leaves between our fingers to get the scent which I thought was cool.






No comments:

Post a Comment